Looking for a place to cool down this summer? Check out these air-conditioned places in Frederick, Maryland. Whether you’re looking for a place to take a break from the heat, or just want to relax and enjoy some AC, we’ve got you covered. So take a look and find your new favorite spot to beat the heat!
Top Air-Conditioned Places in Frederick
- Movie Theater: Let’s start with the most obvious place. The movie theater is a great way to escape the summer heat and enjoy a new release. Movie theaters like Warehouse Cinemas and Regal Westview offer the best movie entertainment in a cool setting. The seats at Warehouse Cinemas even let you recline as much as you want, so go ahead and take a snooze while your children enjoy the show.
- Ice Cream Shops: Nothing beats a cold treat while sitting in air conditioning. Frederick County has some of the best ice cream parlors in Maryland, though, we admit that we are biased. Try North Market Pop Shop, Frederick Fudge and Ice Cream, South Mountain Creamery, Rocky Point Creamery, or Brusters, among many others.
- FSK Mall: Many online shoppers forget about the Francis Scott Key Mall, but it’s one of the best places to stay busy while also staying cool. Shopping malls offer plenty of stores to explore and air conditioning to keep you cool. Browse the selection at Barnes and Noble, get a manicure/pedicure, throw a coin in the fountain to make a wish, or simply enjoy walking around with your companions. There’s even an arcade and bounce house place for children.
- Local Library: A quiet place to read or study without having to worry about the weather. In addition to a wide variety of books and a borrower program that extends to several other libraries, the C. Burr Artz Library also offers entertaining programs for children of all ages. Smaller children will enjoy the tractor, barn, and other activities in the children’s area.
- Restaurants: Frederick has no shortage of great restaurants. Find a new restaurant or choose one based on your appetite. Yelp is a great way to discover restaurants in the area. Make sure you expand your search outside the downtown area.
The next time you want to get out of the house but don’t feel like braving the summer heat, try one of these local places. They offer a variety of activities and entertainment options that will help keep you cool and entertained. Do you have any places to add to the list? Send us a message on Facebook.
Is it time to schedule your HVAC system maintenance? Click here to book online.