Are you wondering how to fix a hot room in your house? You’re not alone. Many people have a room in their home that’s usually hotter than any other room in the house. If that’s the case for you, we know that it can be very frustrating.
That’s why we wanted to help you by explaining how you can fix a hot room. Listed below, you’ll find solutions to help you get your hot room back to a comfortable temperature.
Tips on How to Cool Down a Hot Room
In most cases, the hottest room in the house is the one that:
- Has the most windows
- Is on the highest floor
- Is facing west or directly toward the sun for a significant part of the day
- Is a room that usually has the door closed
It’s usually impossible to avoid such structural issues with every room in the house. However, you can still cool the room down and protect it from the sun.
Here are some simple tips:
- Replace the shades in the room. Most shades are made for obstructing the view or light, so try opting for more insulated models that block the heat from the sun. You might consider Roman shades or blackout shades.
- If you don’t want to lose the view, you can opt for solar screening window shades. They are very effective at reducing light, heat, and giving you privacy as they mostly block the view from the outside. From the inside, you are still able to appreciate the view.
- Add insulated blinds to your patio door. By effectively blocking the sun’s rays and the outside hot air from coming in, your room will likely become significantly cooler.
- Use shades that have a darker color. Shades made with dark colors are better at absorbing light.
- Check the air vents. Confirm that all the air vents in your hottest rooms are completely open.
- Keep the door open. Avoid keeping the door closed as this prevents proper airflow and resulting ventilation.
It is generally ok to close or restrict a couple of vents in other areas of the home to help force more air to the warmest room. However, it is important that you do not close too many vents or restrict the air too much. An HVAC professional can help you determine if your air can be balanced or zoned effectively.
The following tips will require professional help and something we can assist you with:
- The problem may lie with your AC system. It might be old or inefficient. If you think that’s the case, you can schedule an appointment with us.
- A common culprit is the air ducts. They can be damaged or designed poorly. This can be corrected by an HVAC Professional.
Here at Frederick Air, we specialize in Air Conditioning and HVAC maintenance and repair. Our skilled professionals can identify the main reason why your room is hot and offer the best solution.
We specialize in Air Conditioning and HVAC maintenance and repair. Our skilled professionals can identify the main reason why your room is hot and offer the best solution. Book your appointment online or give us a call at 301-663-0330 so that we can fix a hot room in your home.