Your comfort depends on your Heating & Air Conditioning systems to work in your home. That depends on us being able to diagnose, service, and repair those systems when they break down. For that reason, we take our responsibility to prevent the spread of any seasonal or emergent viruses in our community very seriously. Below is a detailed list of our Flu Season Protocol. While most of these items are done year-round anyway, it helps to have a seasonal reminder.
To help us with this initiative, please reschedule any appointments if someone in your home is sick.
Frederick Air Flu Season Protocol
- Wash Hands Often: Washing hands is mandatory after every break (bathroom or otherwise) for a minimum of 20 seconds. This is the most basic way to prevent the spread of germs.
- Use Provided Hand Sanitizer: We’ve added a container of hand sanitizer to every Frederick Air vehicle. It is to be used after any interaction with customers or after deliveries or entering another business.
- Clean Devices Between Appointments: Between customer interaction, all Frederick Air devices should be wiped down with anti-bacterial wipes that are also in the vehicles.
- Proper Storage of Trash: Any trash removed from customer homes, especially filters, need to be stored entirely inside of a trash bag and removed from vehicles as soon as possible. Field Staff will request a trash pick-up.
- Use Disposable Gloves: Customer filters or trash should be handled with gloves when possible. Hands should be washed immediately.
- Ask About Illness: Customers that indicate that they or members of their family are sick should be rescheduled. Customer Service Representatives will ask when confirming appointments.
- Disinfect: If any member of your household is currently being treated for the flu (seasonal or otherwise), team members are asked to communicate with their manager. They must disinfect any items brought in from their home before entering the Frederick Air office, Frederick Air truck, or a customer’s home.
- Call-in Sick: If any team member is experiencing any flu-like symptoms, they are asked to communicate with their manager.
We also have the Air Scrubber by Aerus installed at the Frederick Air headquarters, which cleans the air that circulates through the office.
You trust us in your home and we hope that policies such as our Flu Season Protocol help cement that trust. Take comfort in the fact that we will always be considerate when it comes to your home because it’s the right thing to do.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or would like to schedule an appointment, give us a call at 301-663-0300.