When is the right time to replace your system? There are two times people replace their system: when the system is getting old and when there’s an emergency. Deciding the right time for your household depends on your comfort level, personality type, and finances.
Time to Replace
You should consider replacing the system when it’s getting old and seems like it may be reaching the end of its useful life. If you replace it under these circumstances, you have time to gather information and make a relaxed and informed decision without any pressure.
The other time people replace their system is in a dire emergency. When they’re forced to face extreme heat or freezing temperatures. These conditions often force people to make quick decisions without the luxury of a lot of research. So you need to ask yourself:
- Am I the type of person who doesn’t mind doing a few days without heating or air conditioning?
- Am I willing to sleep in the basement during that heatwave or relocate to a relatives home during that cold snap?
If not, you might want to be a little proactive about replacing that old unit.
Is it too soon to replace my system?
Many people are afraid they might replace their system a year or two before they need to. That shouldn’t be a concern. Here’s why.
Let’s say you did replace your system two years before it was gonna breath its last breath. What would be the harm?
- You would be paying today’s prices instead of the prices two years from now.
- You would be saving the money on your utility bills for two full years.
- You would have a quieter and more comfortable system.
Not to mention the peace of mind you would enjoy knowing that your system was not gonna have a major breakdown.
What’s not to like? If you’re financially able to afford a new system, replacing it when you can make an informed and relaxed decision is the way to go.
If you’ve definitely decided that you’re gonna to take the plunge, you have two more decisions to make:
- What type of system you’re going to buy?
- Who’s going to install it for you?
As always, if you have any questions please give us a call. We’re happy to help you make the right decision when it comes to repairing or replacing your HVAC system.
Secrets to Buying an HVAC System Series
This is the second article in our 5-part series, Secrets to Buying an HVAC System. Read them all!
- Introduction to the Secrets to Buying an HVAC System Blog & Video Series
- [Current Article] How to Know if it’s the Right Time to Replace Your HVAC System
- Choosing the Right HVAC System for Your Household
- Choosing the Right HVAC Contractor to Replace Your System
- Why Choose Frederick Air for Your New System?
Watch the Time to Replace Video Instead
The videos in this series were recorded around 2008 but the information is timeless and still relevant today.
Direct link: https://youtu.be/VmzWgDMupVo